K.S. Bhaskar on 23 Jul 2009 10:47:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] New Macbooks

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM, JP Vossen<jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:

[KSB] <...snip...>

> http://apple.slashdot.org/story/09/02/18/2227231/MacBooks-Unremovable-Battery-Easy-To-Remove
>

> I wasn't sure I was going to send this, so it's gotten a little old...
> I'm also surprised Bhaskar didn't beat me to this. :-)
>
> On the topic of Linux and F/OSS:
>
> I am always surprised to see the number of "F/OSS" folks who use Apple
> stuff.  Sure the hardware is gorgeous, but it's priced to match.  I
> could live with that, if Apple wasn't so opposed to openness [1].  M$
> could learn a thing or two from Apple when it comes to vendor lock-in,

[KSB] Bhaskar was traveling.

Besides, Bhaskar pays about the same (low) level of attention to Dell
(which continues to get Linux - see
http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/07/22/dell-no-longer-selling-ubuntu-linux-desktop-pcs/),
Microsoft (which keeps trying to put lipstick on a pig - see
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/23/microsoft_hyperv_gpl_violation/)
and Apple.

If those who choose Microsoft are basically sheep, those who choose
Apple are chic sheep (basically sheep who want to look down on other
sheep)!  [Quickly dons his bullet proof underwear...  8-) ]

Regards
-- Bhaskar