Jordan Miller on 28 Jul 2009 08:42:28 -0700

[PLUG] MakerBot at Hive76!

Hey PLUG!

I'm new to PLUG from Hive76.org ... just wanted to keep you in the
loop about MakerBot CupCake CNC -- the open source software and open
source hardware plastic extruder 3D printer extraordinaire. We'll be
getting our very own MakerBot very soon for residence at Hive76.org
(**please contribute here if you're so inclined: http://bit.ly/
MakerBot **)

And we'll have a class on MakerBot most likely on Saturday Sept. 19th
at http://www.Hive76.org

Really excited to join the PLUG group here and looking forward to
making awesome things together.

Who will print a 3D Tux? Let's be the first to figure out how to print
2-colors objects (we'll have white and black ABS plastic available)...
custom computer mods also come to mind. Check out what has already
been printed, and what is definitely printable at: http://www.thingiverse.com/
  (run by the same people that developed the MakerBot!)

Jordan