Jordan Miller on 30 Jul 2009 08:32:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] MakerBot at Hive76!

Hi Everyone,

Great news-- we've raised all our funds and the Hive76 MakerBot has
been ordered and will be here soon!! Thank you to all our donors and
supporters!!! Hope to see you at the MakerBot workshop Sept. 19th;
check http://Hive76.org for updates.

The open source control software for this open source hardware is a
combination of Python and Java: Python to slice a 3D object model into
printable layer instructions <http://www.skeinforge.com/>, a Java
control language for the Arduino-based microcontrollers <http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
 >, and a Java 3D rendering program for integrity checks <http://www.artofillusion.org/
 >. You can also model anything you can imagine in the open source
Blender <http://www.blender.org/> and export as .stl for use with
these programs and the MakerBot.

Jordan