Lee Marzke on 29 Jul 2009 16:02:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Upcoming PLUG North Virtualization Roundtable - KVM and Virtualbox experts wanted!

Michael Leone wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM, jeff<jeffv@op.net> wrote:
>
>> I know there's a VMware person already.
>> If he or she needs anybody to sit in the back of the room and make
>> agreeing, huzzah, hrmmph, or rude noises, I survived a VMware
>> implementation.
>>

> I just finished implementing a ESX cluster with HA & DRS, with 10
> hosts and (currently) 55 VMs. With 2 P2V exceptions, it went as
> expected, and we even finished ahead of schedule. I can come and help
> you huzzah, if you want. :-)

Just curious - what was your storage solution for the above ?

I rolled out an ESXi 3.5 cluster ( HA + DRS ) for an engineering
development group.

We went with NFS to a NetAPP FAS instead of  ISCSI or FC.    Since the
NetAPP FAS supports  Single Instance
Storage (De-duplication )  I found  the storage used for many similar
VM's was only 1/5 the space of a non SIS array.

Lee Marzke

begin:vcard
fn:Lee Marzke
n:Marzke;Lee