Lionel Garth Jones on 7 Aug 2009 09:02:55 -0700

[PLUG] LISA '09 Registration Now Open

On behalf of all the LISA '09 organizers, I'd like to invite you to
join us in Baltimore, MD, November 1-6, 2009, for the 23rd Large
Installation System Administration Conference:
http://www.usenix.org/lisa09/proga

For over 20 years, the Large Installation System Administration
Conference (LISA) has been the must-attend system administration
conference. It offers an unparalleled opportunity to meet and mingle
with
the leaders of the system administration industry.

Take advantage of 6 days of training that offer face-to-face time
with expert instructors, including:

-- Mark Burgess on Configuration Management Solutions with Cfengine 3

-- David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration

Back for 2009, we're offering two series of classes focusing on some of
the most important topics you'll encounter. Classes include:

-- Peter Baer Galvin and Marc Staveley on Solaris 10 Administration

-- John Arrasjid and Rupen Sheth on Virtualization with VMware vSphere
4.0

The full training program can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/training/

In addition to the training, 3 days of technical sessions include
top-notch refereed papers, informative invited talks, expert Guru Is In
sessions, and a poster session:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/tech/

* Over a dozen invited talks feature our most impressive slate of
speakers to
date. They include:

-- Keynote Address by Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon.com

-- Plenary Session: "Google Wave," by Daniel Berlin and Sam Thorogood,
Google, Inc.

-- Plenary Session: "Cosmic Computing: Supporting the Science of the
Planck Space Based Telescope," by Shane Canon, Group Leader, Data System
Group in NERSC, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

-- Plenary Session: "Towards Zero-Emission Datacenters Through Direct
Reuse of Waste Heat," by Bruno Michel, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory

* LISA is the top-tier forum for presenting new research in system
administration. We selected papers showcasing state-of-the-art work on
topics including configuration management, cloud computing,
virtualization, and security.

* Bring your most challenging technical questions to the experts at
LISA's Guru Is In sessions.

* Explore the latest commercial innovations at the Vendor Exhibition.

* Benefit from opportunities for peer interaction (a.k.a. the "Hallway
Track").

* Discounts are available!
-- Registration: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/discounts.html
-- Airfare and hotel: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/hotel.html

* Help us promote!
-- Banners and buttons: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/promote.html

-- Facebook: http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa09/facebook

-- Twitter: http://twitter.com/LISAConference

For complete program information and to register, see
http://www.usenix.org/lisa09/proga

Early registration discounts are now available. Register by Monday,
October 12,
and save up to $300!

We're pleased to bring LISA to Baltimore and we look forward to seeing
you there.

On behalf of the LISA '09 Program Committee,

Adam Moskowitz
LISA '09 Program Chair
lisa09chair@usenix.org

in cooperation with LOPSA and SNIA