Art Alexion on 17 Aug 2009 19:28:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Swap on SD

On Monday 17 August 2009 11:28:16 Austin Murphy wrote:
> I think you would be far better off to spend the money on a RAM
> upgrade and continue without swap.  The 2 GB RAM upgrade for the EEE
> PC 1000 is only $30.
> http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Eee PC 1000

I have done no quantitative testing, but qualitatively, the system seems a lot
snappier since I tried this.  I had feared that the SD would be too slow to
help, but I guess it is faster than no swap at all.

I am planning the upgrade to 2 gb, but plan to supplement it with the 4 gb SD
as long as it seems to be helping.

Maybe it's optimistic perception on my part, but that works, too.