JP Vossen on 17 Aug 2009 21:47:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Speakers needed for upcoming meetings, all chapters

[...]
 > Any suggestions for another lightning talk meeting (several short
 > presentations on a topic) that you'd be able to contribute to?
 >
 > OK... even any talks you'd like to see? Maybe someone on list will
 > pipe up and offer to present on it  :)

At PLUG W I just asked about a) a quick HOWTO for a local APT repo, for
e.g., updating printer drivers and b) a quick HOWTO for building really
simple .deb packages.  I'm not sure either of those is a full preso, but
they'd probably make good lightning talks.  [These are ones I want to
hear, not present.]

I could probably talk about any/all of regular expressions; useful Bash
resources/information; "logcheck" either as the package in Debian/Ubuntu
or as a concept, or both; or using http-replicator for a package proxy;
if anyone cares.  (OK, Jeff & Lyz, stop laughing at the idea of me and
"*lightning* talks"... I'll just go last... :)

Actually, if someone else was going to do a talk on creating a .deb
package, repackaging http-replicator so it actually works out-of-the-box
might be a good example.

 > Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:32:04 -0700 (PDT)
 > From: "cjohnson19791979@gmail.com" <cjohnson19791979@gmail.com>
 >
 > Does anyone use smoothwall? (shrugs)

I've been very happy with M0n0wall, but that's Free-BSD and so probably
off-topic.  (It's nice that I can claim I don't have a Linux
mono-culture on my network though. :)

I'd be interested in Michale's OpenVPN talk if he wants to take it on
the road to PLUG N or W.

Later,
JP