Gordon Dexter on 20 Aug 2009 15:59:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] win vnc client to access linux servers via gui

There are a lot of Windows VNC clients available.  RealVNC is the one that people occasionally think of as "official" but it's just one of many possible clients.  TightVNC is a popular one (also available for Linux) as is UltraVNC. This slashdot thread has discussion of their different strengths and weaknesses:

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/20/0132236

--Gordon

Michael Leone wrote:
Any VNC client should be able to connect to any VNC server, on any
platform. I've connected to Linux servers using Windows VNC clients
many times.