Casey Bralla on 20 Aug 2009 16:56:04 -0700

[PLUG] Retrofit IDE with SATA?

Tom's Hardware is running a story about how smart it is to upgrade your hard
drive.  (Hmm.. sounds like they're pulling the old PC Mag trick of endorsing
buying more stuff all the time.. how shocking!)

I've been looking to upgrade the capacity of my file server disks, but the
motherboards my servers use are too old to have SATA interfaces.  Most newer
disk drives all seem to be SATA.

Has anybody tried a SATA adapter card to see if you get anything like
reasonable performance if your motherboard does not have native SATA ports?
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence

http://www.NerdWorld.org