Art Alexion on 24 Aug 2009 10:17:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Foreboding behavior on IDE controller

On Monday 24 August 2009 12:02:29 George Langford wrote:
> Simple explanation, free of acronyms: Dust conducts electricity
> when present in sufficient quantities. The board was confused.

I had hoped that was the case, but alas, after working fine all weekend, the
misbehavior returned last night.  There was cause for optimism with the
problem.  The reason is that the other of the two drives had the problem this
time.

I assume that it is unlikely that both drives are going simultaneously, so it
must be the card.  Replacements on newegg.com are less than $20.