Tom Diehl on 24 Aug 2009 11:02:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] win vnc client to access linux servers via gui

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Michael Bevilacqua wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Ron Kaye Jr <rekaye1005@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> have win xp laptop
>>
>> i need remote gui access to my rhel and ubuntu servers.
>> vnc server is running on each.
>

> You may also want to try X11VNC (discussed historically in great detail on
> PLUG. Please search the archives) instead of vanilla VNC as your server.
> X11VNC allows you to connect to an already running X session. This is my
> preferred VNC method.

You might also look at http://freenx.berlios.de. I have used it on Fedora and
centos and was very happy with it. They also have a client for windoze and I
think for the mac.

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl       tdiehl@rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com