John Kreno on 27 Aug 2009 12:33:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Verizon blocking port 25

Randall,

 I may have mis-understood the initial piece of the thread. If it is just a matter of Verizon not accepting connections to their mail servers on port 25, then I have no issues at all. It was my concern that they were filtering 25 to the customers. And it was only in that case that I had an issue. Once a provider network starts blocking ports or filtering, there's no end to how much they might take. After all, you could use port 25 for encrypted traffic just as well as un-encrypted traffic. Even though it is most commonly used for mail transfer, It's just as good for anything you may want to use it for.