zuzu on 5 Sep 2009 08:02:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Which Windows Anti-Virus?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM, jeff<jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> Gordon Dexter wrote:
>> Surprised nobody's mentioned the free AVG, which I heard a lot of
>> recommendations for in Slashdot comments a while back.  Is it not as
>> good as it once was?
>
> serious bloat and feature creep.

for free AV, it used to be a tie between AVG and Avast, where AVG was
more bloated, while Avast required a little more upkeep/tweaking.

I've used Avast for all the Windows virtual machines I use, but I pay
for Kaspersky for any Windows machine that really matters.

I haven't tried Avira, maybe it's the newer better contender.