James Barrett on 8 Sep 2009 09:38:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Which Windows Anti-Virus?

I suggest a hardware firewall running Linux.  Configure it as a
transparent bridge using two NICs.  Use ebtables to route all http
traffic through squid and install clamav.  If you want to have content
filtering for the kids, then it is very easy to add DansGuardian to
this configuration.  If they start using HTTPS Proxy servers to
circumvent DansGuardian, then you can implement deep packet filtering
to drop all SSL traffic.

Hey ... remember? This is a Linux mailing list!

--
James Barrett