JP Vossen on 15 Sep 2009 13:18:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Quicken alternative?

JP Vossen wrote:
>  > Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:36:38 -0400
>  > From: Rich G <rgoodwin1@cox.net>
>
>  > As for downloading, I had great support in the past.  I presume you
>  > mean downloading data from institutions.  I download data from
>  > American Express without any issue.  BoA - did not work.  I solved
>  > that - I don't use my BoA credit card!  My credit union also does not
>  > work.  Both do, however, export data into a QIF file ... which works.
>  > This is a bank issue not MD's fault.  I tried to talk with my credit
>  > union tech folks. they don't understand the web connection details.
>
> Yup, it's my credit union (banks suck!).  I haven't tried any credit
> cards yet.  I think the credit union does QIF, but their site isn't the
> best and I haven't found it yet.  I want to try one more thing on my
> side, then I'll go to the MD support forums.

OK, I just had to fiddle with this.  It works FINE for my FCU when you
do it right.  I had suspected I had borked the config the first time, so
I re-tried with a brand new file (& re-set-up on-line banking).

I've now hit the 100 transaction eval limit which I thought was only for
manual transactions, but I guess hitting [Record] for a downloaded one
counts.  No matter, I can work with that.

Later,
JP