Steven Phillips on 15 Sep 2009 14:06:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Security+

As a holder of the Security+ certification (and the most overqualified
mailman you'll ever know),
Comptia tends to lag pretty badly at times on subject matter and
curriculum. When I passed mine a year ago, there were some topics that
were ludicrously old.
I used the Comptia training manual, an Examcram  and the Security
Questions paperback to pass pretty easily. IMHO, you don't need to
spring for a class to pass a Comptia cert, you just have to "think the
Comptia way". It does seem to be a good precursor to the CISSP
subjectwise. I'm studying up for that, but being 5 and a half bills,
it might be a while before I sit for that cert. LOL
Sorry about the veer.
Steve