Fred Stluka on 23 Sep 2009 12:10:44 -0700

[PLUG] Mentoring in Open Source Communities: What Works? What Doesn't?...

PLUGgers,

Lyz Krumbach gave an excellent talk Monday to PLUG West about
how to encourage more involvement in your open source project.
Here's an article that does a nice job of elaborating on many
of the points she made:

Mentoring in Open Source Communities: What Works? What Doesn't?

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/78271/mentoring-open-source-communities-what-works-what-doesnt

BTW, personally I love mentoring people, both in person, and
remotely via my e-mailed tips and my open source Java and
JavaScript libraries.  I mentioned some of that at the meeting.
Feel free to check out:
    http://bristle.com/invite.htm
Let me know if you want to be added to any of my lists.

--Fred