Sean Collins on 6 Oct 2009 09:43:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Failure trying to write to a file in a virtual file system

Ah - it may be this bit right here

>  When writing sysfs files, userspace processes should first read the
>  entire file, modify the values it wishes to change, then write the
>  entire buffer back.

http://delcom.sourceforge.net/sysfs.txt

When you echo something and pipe it into the sysfs mount, that's a
stream. I think sysfs wants an atomic write.

Again, a bit out on a limb here, but that's my best guess without
access to my linux box.

Thank You,

Sean Collins