Casey Bralla on 10 Oct 2009 11:52:41 -0700

[PLUG] OT: Sci Fi Background Advice Needed

I'm writing a short SF story and need some suggestions about some background
info.

In the story, aliens are trying to eradicate "human infestations" from various
planets.  Being very intelligent, but totally dismissive of humanity, they
conduct eradication experiments in the laboratory to find out the best way of
killing humans.   I'm trying to make this part seem realistic, so want
suggestion for how they might go about this.

So far, I've assumed they will try various biological agents, toxins, and
ionizing radiations.   They also will want to understand some basic science
about our environment, such as oxygen concentrations, temperatures, humidity,
etc.

What else might they want to examine to understand how to  better know how to
wipe us out?
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence