Brian Vagnoni on 13 Oct 2009 13:48:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Clearwire WiMAX service started in Philadelphia two weeks ago

You can try Clear out, via public wifi, at Dirty Franks 13th & Pine Street, Philadelphia, PA, and Manny Browns, 512 South Street, Philadelphia, PA. More of our Clear locations coming soon. Currently posting from across the street at Manny Browns. These are not Clear demo sites, just places I've installed their gear at, for use with our equipment plus public access.

Just a note, since Clear is listening, the default password of Motorola for the cpei 150 needs to be able to be changed by end users. The modem/router password currently cannot be changed. Yes I've already spoken with tier 2 Tech Support. While I've never had anyone mess with a cable modem in a public venue, default creds cusadmin / highspeed, the potential for disaster looms heavily in the air(no pun intended).

Needless to say am very excited about this technology. It is a game changer for us; no more copper YAY!!!!!!!

Brian Vagnoni