Steven Phillips on 26 Oct 2009 17:03:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT networking equipment

Hi folks,
I don't want to take sides in this issue, but last year, there were shenanigans down at the USPS plant  down on Lindbergh Blvd.
Link here
 http://www.philly.com/dailynews/20081201_Left_at_the_post.html
It's quite possible that it was, um, disposed of. As mentioned in the above link, some legitimate mail was wasted at the plant. There were some major bonuses handed out to the shift managers if they were able to cut out overtime and that's how they did it. Also, depending on the class of postage, (if it was mailed as "media" for example) if the address is incomplete (no apartment number) and the carrier doesn't recognize the name, it gets wasted.

Steve

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:41:47 -0400
From: "Joseph B. Welsh" <JWelsh@WelshWorks.com>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] {OT} FS: Networking Equipment
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List
       <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>

Art Alexion wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Nice to see that you have re-appeared.  Did you ever find the disks and
> wireless card that you promised me as part of the laptop I bought from you?  I
> have been calling you and writing to you for two and a half years now, and
> haven't gotten a response.
>
> List,
>
> I only air this grievance publicly as a warning to anyone else thinking of
> buying anything from this guy.

Art,

As I said the last time you posted this previously about a year ago,  I
sent the card and the disk to address you gave me.

I don't know what you want from me.  Was the laptop, which is what I
sold you, defective in any way?  I believe I threw in the card as
courtesy, it certainly wasn't part of the purchase price.
I sold a couple laptops to people on this list, No one has ever had a
problem

I am honest guy, who sent what I promised, I have no control of the
reason why you didn't get it and I don't have another one or I would
send it, just to close the book on it.

Joe