Matt Mossholder on 3 Nov 2009 14:42:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Android?

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 15:54 -0500, jeff wrote:
> Seriously considering an Android phone, now that Verizon will be
> carrying one.  Allegedly it's pretty unlocked as far as Verizon goes.
>
> I was wondering if there were any desktop apps for connecting it..
> Just read that Android apps are supposed to run on Ubuntu, which will
> certainly be convenient...
>

> P.S. 32 and 64 bit Xubuntu 9.10 are running beautifully for me on a
> number of machines.  The 64 bit version really makes hardware go VOOM.

I just ordered the Canadian version of the T-Mobile myTouch 3g (called
the HTC Magic). Should be here after the seller decides to send it :) I
would really love to have a Droid, but the powers at AT&T's contract
dept. say "no!".

As Amaury said, I don't know that there is much need for apps to
interact with the phone, as the phone itself has so many features, there
isn't much need. Just throw your media on a miniSD card, and you are
set.