Mike Sheinberg on 11 Nov 2009 10:02:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] cheapass VM host platform?

Anyone have any experience configuring (free) backups with ESXi 4? Currently I'm working for a company utilizing VMWare Server which really lacks a lot of the great features/performance I've seen in previous ESX versions (3.5). Many VMware users on forums recommend the 'ghettoVCB' script (following http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8760). Anyone have any experience with this method or have any other suggestions for do it yourself ESXi backups?

Thanks!
Mike