Josh Levy on 17 Nov 2009 19:03:21 -0800

[PLUG] Open Video Alliance Contest

Want to win a trip to South By Southwest 2010? Or maybe a Flip Mino video camera? Read on...

The Open Video Alliance is holding a video contest. To enter, just make a video spot explaining open video in 60 seconds or less. Then upload it anywhere and tell us the URL.

Our judges—including web luminaries like Jimmy Wales and Mitchell Baker—will pick the best and most creative entries. One lucky winner will be headed to Austin on an expenses-paid trip to SXSW 2010, and three runners-up will get a Flip Mino handheld video camera.

The last day to submit a video is January 31, 2010. Head over to the contest page to check out the entries and submit your own video! Complete rules are here.

Need some inspiration?
We've got you covered. Here are some ideas. For more on open video, check out some open video issues.

Who are you?
The Open Video Alliance is a coalition of organizations and individuals devoted to creating and promoting free and open technologies, policies, and practices in online video.