Edmond Rodriguez on 7 Dec 2009 14:20:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] PLUG list rejecting HTML e-mail...- known verizon issue

Well, if one replies to an HTML mail, and the composer defaults to "text", the HTML in the previous correspondence would get lost.  Wouldn't this be bad for replying to an HTML mail, where one wishes to preserve the HTML of the previous correspondence.  When replying to plain text emails, I see that it stays in the plain text mode (Please let me know if I am wrong about that).

If I create a new mail, I get text.   These settings seem to make sense to me, given they offer the opportunity to change it while you are editing.   Of course, one might say there should be an "are you sure you want to send HTML mail" dialog box option.  So that toggling such an option (for users that understand), an "are your sure" box would show up when sending HTML mail.    I think that would solve most problems and perhaps is a good suggestion to send to them if possible.  This way it would remain usable to a large community without confusing people over HTML configurations.

Edmond