Michael Lazin on 5 Jan 2010 18:25:44 -0800

[PLUG] install debian from live usb

I have a server without an optical drive that I would like to install debian on.  I am comfortable with debian, it is minimal, and of course it doesn't use the 2.4 kernel like damn small does.  I created a bootable debian usb flash drive as desciribed here:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB

What I would like to do is use the flash drive to install Debian from the bootable flash drive to the server.  I booted the flash drive to try it out and it is not immediately apparent to me how to install.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Would I be better off with a bootable knoppix usb drive instead of this debian image I dd'd to my flash drive?

--
Michael Lazin

ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
against HTML e-mail    X