Elizabeth Krumbach on 10 Jan 2010 08:05:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] January 6, 2010: "10 useful tools and how I wrote them" presented by Mark Jason Dominus

Hi folks,

Mark isn't on the list so he asked that I forward this on - some notes
and details from his PLUG Central talk last week.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Jason Dominus <mjd@plover.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: January 6, 2010: "10 useful tools and how I wrote them"
presented by Mark Jason Dominus
To: Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@princessleia.com>

Dear PLUGians,

Thank you once again for your warm and gracious reception of my talk.
I had a good time and I hope you did too.

As promised, the complete slides for the talk are now available
online, at:

       http://perl.plover.com/yak/mybin/

The talk normally runs about three hours, and probably includes about
four or five hours of material, so there is quite a lot of it that I
was not able to show you.

This page also has links to the complete source code of all the
programs I discussed on Wednesday, and several I did not.

Some time ago I wrote a blog article about the "runN" program, which
you may find interesting; it is at

       http://blog.plover.com/prog/runN.html

Aaron Crane greatly improved the interface of "runN" from my original
design, and wrote about it at

       http://aaroncrane.co.uk/2008/07/runN/

If you have any questions, please send them to mjd@plover.com.

Thanks again!  I hope to be back next year.

Mark Dominus