Conor Schaefer on 10 Jan 2010 15:31:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Thunderbird 3 (sucks so far)

I've been using it in KDE for months now, if you count the various betas. (Ironic that I'm writing this from Gmail at the moment... thus the top-posting and HTML formatting!)

All the issues I had in terms of stability or other strangeness have gone away since switching to TB3 final. I treasure Thunderbird mostly for Enigmail; the revamped search features and whatnot I haven't tested extensively enough to give my opinion on them.

Now, at the risk of sounding patronizing, did you do a full uninstall and then a fresh install of TB3 final? Over the course of the various betas, the developers saw it fit to change the naming scheme of directories for imap in ~/.thunderbird, then changed it back. That meant I had to back up my POP3 accounts, wipe the ~/.thunderbird folder, and reinstall (thus Gmail on this machine for a bit).

Hopefully with a "fresh" install, the performance will be more what we all hopefully expect from Thunderbird. Do give it another shot!