Elizabeth Krumbach on 2 Feb 2010 16:04:37 -0800

[PLUG] Open Options: Remix Computing with Open Source Software event at Millersville University - Volunteers needed!

Hi everyone,

I've been in contact with Bryan Behrenshausen over in the Department
of Communication & Theatre at Millersville University who has been
planning this "Open Options" event at the university in a couple weeks
which will host a roundtable discussion on open source for faculty and
students and then have time for demos in the lobby.

 Date: Thursday, February 18, 2010
 Time: 7-9PM (may run later, depending on attendee questions and interest)
 Location: Millersville University's Ganser Library, 4th floor

More information:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/EventsTeam/MillersvilleUniversityFOSS2010

Millersville is out toward Lancaster, so actually a 1.5 hour drive
from Philadelphia which might be tricky for most of you, especially on
a Thursday night, but the event *REALLY REALLY needs volunteers* to
man some tables, show off some open source demos (Linux on your
laptop? Bring it along!) and to answer questions.

This is an excellent opportunity to showcase the benefits of open
source to an eager educational audience, so I really hope we can come
through and help Bryan out.

If you're interested or have any questions please let me know (or just
add yourself to the wiki signup).

Thanks!

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2