Claude M. Schrader on 17 Feb 2010 13:46:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT, and yet not OT: any IT horror stories?

On 15:33 Wed 17 Feb     , Adam Zion wrote:
> Ladies + Gents-
>
> I'm composing a document explaining why IT does what we do.
> Specifically, I'm explaining our IT policies. My boss thinks that the
> doc would be enhanced if I included a few 'IT horror stories' which I
> can provide as counterpoint to the inevitable complaints about why we
> don't let users do XXX, Y, and Z.
>
> So, please send me any horror stories which come to mind.
>
> Many thx,
> -Z

A few years ago, PGW lost a large number of customer billing records in a
failed migration to a new system of some sort. I don't have a link on me -
I heard about it years ago in school, but it shouln't be too hard to track
down.

Theres also the FAA's three or four unsuccessful attempts to implement a
new air traffic control system.