Asheesh Laroia on 8 Mar 2010 18:49:04 -0800

[PLUG] Hello -- plus easy ways to contribute to open source

First of all, hi there! I'm Asheesh, a Debian developer who moved to
Philadelphia in September. I've been coming to PLUG Central meetings on
and off since then.

I'm here in Philly working on openhatch.org. I want to share something we
just made: A guide for contributing to free and open source software.
https://openhatch.org/blog/how-can-openhatch-help-me-contribute-to-free-software/

We also maintain an index of "bite-size" bugs. Those are bugs that
existing contributors have marked as good choices for a newcomer -- maybe
a little feature or a request for a small fix. We also index documentation
bugs, so if you don't want to code, you can still participate. Right now
there are about 1000 of them.

You can browse those bugs here:
https://openhatch.org/search/?q=&toughness=bitesize

(Many of us on the list are open source veterans; others are probably fans
who haven't realized they can be contributors, too.)

So hi! And let me know what you think.

-- Asheesh.

(Here's a big list of projects I've worked on, even if just a little bit:
https://openhatch.org/people/paulproteus/ )

--
Stop searching.  Happiness is right next to you.  Now, if they'd only
take a bath ...