Richard Freeman on 9 Mar 2010 12:06:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG Social Gathering and Lightning Talks - Fri Mar 26, 2010 (Bridgeport, PA)

On 03/09/2010 07:11 AM, Jonathan Simpson wrote:
> Walt informs me that I'm wrong. The 100 is cheaper than the R6 to get
> here, although the R6 may be faster from center city.

In my personal experience having traveled home many a weekend from
Univeristy City to Norristown the Rt 100 line is both cheaper and faster
(at least it was 14 years ago).  The R6 doesn't involve a switch, but
you're talking about a 100 yard walk tops at 69th street.  During rush
hour you might spend all of 5 minutes waiting for the Rt 100 train.
Just make sure that you take the express train, and when you pay for the
ride buy a transfer to avoid an extra fare (assuming it still works that
way).  Either way it is 3 zones to get to Bridgeport/Norristown.

Now, for the return trip I'd definitely recommend checking the
timetables.  It looks like the Rt 100 runs every 20-30 min until
midnight, with one more run at 1AM.  With the R6 it is hourly until
11:45.  The EL seems to run every 15-20 min all night (although I know
that at least in the past it would use shuttle busses during really late
hours).

Rich