Michael Leone on 9 Mar 2010 14:17:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG Social Gathering and Lightning Talks - Fri Mar 26, 2010 (Bridgeport, PA)

The R6 is definitely faster. Every week, I take the 5:05 from Center
City, and it gets to the Center at like 5:45 - 5:50. 45 min or so.

The El from Center City is 20 min or so to 69th St, and about 35 min
to Norristown. Plus waiting for the 100 to leave, probably. It's about
an hour, more or less. It is cheaper, tho, and does run more
frequently.

On 3/9/10, Richard Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> On 03/09/2010 07:11 AM, Jonathan Simpson wrote:
>> Walt informs me that I'm wrong. The 100 is cheaper than the R6 to get
>> here, although the R6 may be faster from center city.
>
> In my personal experience having traveled home many a weekend from
> Univeristy City to Norristown the Rt 100 line is both cheaper and faster
> (at least it was 14 years ago).  The R6 doesn't involve a switch, but
> you're talking about a 100 yard walk tops at 69th street.  During rush
> hour you might spend all of 5 minutes waiting for the Rt 100 train.
> Just make sure that you take the express train, and when you pay for the
> ride buy a transfer to avoid an extra fare (assuming it still works that
> way).  Either way it is 3 zones to get to Bridgeport/Norristown.
>
> Now, for the return trip I'd definitely recommend checking the
> timetables.  It looks like the Rt 100 runs every 20-30 min until
> midnight, with one more run at 1AM.  With the R6 it is hourly until
> 11:45.  The EL seems to run every 15-20 min all night (although I know
> that at least in the past it would use shuttle busses during really late
> hours).
>
> Rich

Sent from my mobile device

Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>