Randall A Sindlinger on 23 Mar 2010 07:57:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] What's the best KDE-based distro for noobs at this point?

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:46:15AM -0400, Greg Helledy wrote:
> I know that this type of question has the potential to provoke a lot of
> conflict, but here goes:

Your question's wording is interesting.  "At this point" I don't know the
answer, because it's only at Milestone 3.  But come June, things will
apparently change.

Using the word "Greatest" is sure to provoke things even futher, but it's
not my word - it's from linux magazine's Christopher Smart ("Christopher Smart
has been using Linux since 1999. In 2005 he created Kororaa Linux, which
delivered the world's first Live CD showcasing 3D desktop effects. He also
founded the MakeTheMove website.")

"The Greatest KDE Distro Ever: An Early Look at openSUSE 11.3"
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7693/2/

I have yet to give it a try, so I'm just passing along the URL; I'm not
endorsing it.

Of course, where openSuSE goes after 11.3 is widely open to speculation at
this point, too.  "According to the company, Novell [who makes SuSE/openSuSE]
would consider being acquired should the right buyer come along."
http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7737/1.html

-Randall