Greg Helledy on 23 Mar 2010 05:45:41 -0700

[PLUG] What's the best KDE-based distro for noobs at this point?

I know that this type of question has the potential to provoke a lot of
conflict, but here goes:

Ubuntu is most commonly recommended for installing on newcomers'
computers, but I've read that the KDE packages (as provided with
Kubuntu) are poorly-packaged, resulting in a lot of issues like crashing
or apps that don't start.

Is are Mint's packages the same?  If you wanted to get someone started
on a distro with KDE (that they're going to install themselves), what
would you suggest?

Thanks,
Greg

-- NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying of distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify use immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.