Troy Sorzano on 23 Mar 2010 04:43:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] data center temperature monitoring appliances?

On Monday, March 22, 2010 8:40 PM Mike Sheinberg wrote
>@Troy: Ahhh. I was looking at that product online. The website seemed a bit unclear though.
>How long have you had it? We had a sensatronic that crapped out after 2 years so I'm a bit
>concerned about longevity.

I have only had my sensor for 1 year so I can't vouch for longevity.

IT Watchdogs is a re-branded http://www.geistmfg.com/
I spoke to one guy who would buy IT Watchdogs and load the geist firmware. (I don't remember why. Might of been a specific feature).

Here is a list of many environmental monitors

I am looking to add environmental monitoring to our NOC services.  We installed our weathergoose as a proof of concept and I am happy with it.  However I am reviewing all my options before I go to market with our service.  I like that the weather goose has a light sensor, airflow sensor, temp, humid, sound sensor.  It also can take IP video cameras.  However it is pricy at $399.

Troy