Jason Stelzer on 26 Mar 2010 11:00:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] using OpenLDAP with Active Directory

The only thing I can think of is that anonymous binds aren't being
permitted. When I was doing stuff with ldap I generally created a
'system' user account that could bind and query the appropriate data.

Your first order of business should probably be to get binds working
via ldapsearch (try creating an account in ldap to narrow down if its
an issue with anonymous binds or if its an issue with how you are
connecting). There are a lot of details to sweat. make sure your
basedn is correct. Make sure the protocol you are using is what you
expect (v2 vs v3).

Once you get a bind to work, the next thing to worry about is
permissions to see things, but that's a little more straight forward
to troubleshoot.

J.