Mike Leone on 26 Mar 2010 11:06:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] using OpenLDAP with Active Directory

Jason Stelzer had this to say:
> The only thing I can think of is that anonymous binds aren't being
> permitted. When I was doing stuff with ldap I generally created a
> 'system' user account that could bind and query the appropriate data.

But it's not an anonymous bind.

I get the same error when I have:

binddn cn=Administrator,dc=DaCrib,dc=local
bindpw XXXXXXX

in ldap.conf. (a later addition, not in the original email, that I just
referenced. Sorry)

I can make a special account to use to bind with. And specify that in
ldap.conf.

> Your first order of business should probably be to get binds working
> via ldapsearch (try creating an account in ldap to narrow down if its
> an issue with anonymous binds or if its an issue with how you are
> connecting). There are a lot of details to sweat. make sure your
> basedn is correct. Make sure the protocol you are using is what you
> expect (v2 vs v3).

It's v3, according to the Win tools I am using. I can hard-code that, I
suppose, even though that's the default (as shown at the bottom of this
email).