Ben Love on 27 Mar 2010 19:39:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ongoing saga with Samba and AD

* Mike Leone wrote on [2010-03-27 22:02:38 -0400]:
> I tried to log on as "DACRIB+administrator" at the physical console. I
> was prompted twice for my password (dunno if that's because my password
> has a "!" in it or not). Then it starts to login. I see the motd. I see
> it say that it was trying to create a home directory for administrator
> in "/home/DACRIB/administrator" - which is exactly what it should do.
>
> Then I am immediately logged out, and returned to a new login prompt. No
> other messages on the console, nothing.

This sounds like a problem with PAM configuration.  I've definitely had
PAM ask for my password multiple times when I set up things like
pam_mount and so on.  PAM is probably also responsible for the immediate
logout.  The /etc/pam.d/common-* files are the most likely culprits.
(You may also have an /etc/pam.d/login file, but that usually just links
to the common-* files.)

Congratualations on getting this far!  You're nearly there.

Ben

--
Ben Love
http://www.kylimar.com/