JP Vossen on 14 Apr 2010 00:24:19 -0700

[PLUG] Silly Mini9 noise thing

Something else I forgot to mention at PLUG N.

A while ago my Mini9 started making a "white static" noise.  I couldn't
figure it out--solid state electronics just don't make noise like that
and the thing has only SSD, no hard drive, no fan.

Turns out something (I suspect either an update or me being an idiot)
turned "Mic Boost" all the way up.  I finally realized the noise was
actually coming from the speakers, poked around, found that and turned
it off.

Now, not only is the machine silent again, but it's running
significantly cooler.  Wow...

Later,
JP