Mike Leone on 21 Apr 2010 07:21:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Shell scripting?

Kevin McAllister had this to say:
> On Apr 21, 2010, at 12:59 AM, JP Vossen wrote:
>
>>  Is there any interest in a really basic "Shell Scripting
>> 101" preso?
>
> Sure.
>
> I think the best thing about that is it's almost of universal
> interest
and there is always some tidbit you can pickup that you didn't know
before. For example the magic pre-pend a backslash to a command to
bypass any aliases that are unknowingly taking effect such as coloring
your 'ls' output and making it unreadable in a presentation.

I didn't know that. :-)