Paul L. Snyder on 21 Apr 2010 13:40:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Shell scripting?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Brian Vagnoni wrote:

> From: JP Vossen
>
> > I usually assume most PLUG members are comfortable with at least
> > simple
> > shell scripts.  Is there any interest in a really basic "Shell
> > Scripting
> > 101" preso?  There are lots of resources like that on the web, so...
>
> Yes. I'm more interested in the Linux nuts and bolts talks myself.

I've been thinking about a "how to turn on your computer" talk, about
what happens from the time you flip the power switch until Linux is
up and running.  Or maybe some basic UNIX concepts...signals, sockets,
and the like.  Any interest?

Paul