Mike Leone on 21 Apr 2010 13:43:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Shell scripting?

Paul L. Snyder had this to say:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Brian Vagnoni wrote:
>
>> From: JP Vossen
>>
>>> I usually assume most PLUG members are comfortable with at least
>>> simple
>>> shell scripts.  Is there any interest in a really basic "Shell
>>> Scripting
>>> 101" preso?  There are lots of resources like that on the web, so...
>> Yes. I'm more interested in the Linux nuts and bolts talks myself.
>
> I've been thinking about a "how to turn on your computer" talk, about
> what happens from the time you flip the power switch until Linux is
> up and running.  Or maybe some basic UNIX concepts...signals, sockets,
> and the like.  Any interest?

I'm not a Unix (or even Linux) guy, so everything I know is from doing,
and from looking up what I needed to know to make something work. So my
knowledge is very swiss cheese. :-) So yeah, that would be good for me.

And it means I'd actually make it back to a meeting, for a change. :-)