Lee Marzke on 4 May 2010 15:20:26 -0700

[PLUG] Network Manager with OpenVPN (ubuntu 10.04)

Trying to get OpenVPN setup for a regular user,  and hoping for a GUI
solution.

I have open VPN working from the scripts

/etc/openvpn/home.conf,  office.conf,  etc.

run /etc/init.d/openvpn start home    works great

But setting the same configuration in Network manager fails with
the message,  "The VPN connection "home" failed to start because
the VPN service failed to start"

I've installed packages, openvpn,  network-manager-openvpn,
and network-manager-openvpn-gnome

This didn't work in 9.04 or 9.10 either for me.   Has anyone ever used it ?

Regards,

Lee