Sean M. Collins on 4 May 2010 20:08:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to share write access to files via scp?...

On 5/4/10 10:43 PM, Fred Stluka wrote:
> Can I set an ACL on a directory that will cause the files created
> there via scp to inherit world- or group-write permissions?  Will
> subdirectories inherit also, recursively?

If you set the "Default ACL" on the top-most directory everything will
inherit ACL entries from it. I imagine your Default ACL could be as
simple as an entry for a group that all users belong to, with the
appropriate ACL verbs.

> Will the file owner be
> updated properly when scp overwrites a file?

That would need to be handled by the SCP client. Standard procedure is
to unlink() the old file and write() a new one.

--
Sean