JP Vossen on 14 May 2010 12:14:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Retailers online

 > Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:28:38 -0400
 > From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <bhaskar@bhaskars.com>
 >
> FWIW, I buy from system76.com - not the cheapest computers, but
> reasonably competitively priced and support has been responsive and
> competent.

+1 for system76.com

I've got 4 of their units now, a Wild Dog, 2 Meerkats (1 ION for
MythTV), and a Pangolin laptop.  The laptop, is a kinda rebranded [1]
no-name Chinese unit, but it works great and System76 support is great.
  They also actually write code to support the units.

Browse http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=341 for sample support.

I like my Mini9 but otherwise am much happier with System76 than Dell.
Too bad the S76 netbook has a hard drive instead of SSD...

I know I've seen lists of vendors who sell Linux systems, like:
http://www.linux.org/vendor/system/...

Good luck,
JP

[1] Where "kinda rebranded" == simple paper sticker stuck over the
factory serial number.  :-)