Art Alexion on 24 May 2010 03:55:36 -0700

[PLUG] WEP authentication problems

I am giving my old laptop to a friend.  It was running kubuntu 9.04 which I
overwrote with a fresh install of ubuntu 10.04 (P4, so both 32-bit).

I was able to connect to this wireless network with 9.04 and earlier, but
can't authenticate on 10.04.  It sees the card and the card sees the networks,
but it won't authenticate.  I checked for typos, so that's not it.

The same credentials work for two other (upgraded to) ubuntu 10.04 laptops, a
win 7 laptop, and an iPod touch, so that can't be the problem.

What else could I check?

--
Art Alexion