James Barrett on 24 May 2010 05:30:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] WEP authentication problems

Check to see if the firmware is properly loaded (if applicable). For
your particular wireless card, try to find what driver/module is used
by default in 9.04, and see if it is the same driver in 10.04.  If it
is the same driver, then check driver version numbers... see if it
changed at all.  If it changed, then try and see the release notes, or
google for the changelog.  Check for Ubuntu bugs for that driver.
Google for the wireless chipset along with 'ubuntu 10.04', to see if
anyone else is having this problem...

Will it authenticate with non-wep'd access points?

--
James Barrett