John Karr on 30 May 2010 22:45:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Domain Registrar Recommendations

I have had good experience with GoDaddy and rate their support as excellent,
especially in light of the low price of their core products. What I don't
like about them is their cluttered interface. Joker.com is slightly higher
per domain, but they have a simple and clean interface, which is worth
paying a few extra dollars for. They usually get back to questions within a
day via email, they're in Dusseldorf so to call them you need to get up
early and it's an international call.

The domains I have with GoDaddy remain with GoDaddy, but my new
registrations go with Joker.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Casey Bralla
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:52 PM
To: PLUG Philadelphia Linux Users Group
Subject: [PLUG] Domain Registrar Recommendations

I've been using Register.com for my domain names, but they are somewhat
pricy.

It seems to me, a registrar aught to be the simplest thing in the world to
run.  (Take the customer's money, enter a small bit of data in a public
database, and then don't mess with it until the registration period ends!).

So why does it cost $35/year????

 Anyone have a recommended registrar they like?
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation