Ben Love on 1 Jun 2010 12:37:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Collegeville, PA FiOS now blocking outgoing port 25

* JP Vossen wrote on [2010-06-01 14:52:03 -0400]:
> I *think*...  I did not fully test it, but as of last night/early this
> morning, I was unable to connect to my hosted server on port 25.  The
> server was up and fine, sIMAP & SSH worked fine, and port 25 to that
> server worked from elsewhere (Comcast in NJ, among others).

I thought this change had already taken place?

> The solution is easy enough, if slightly tedious:
>
> 1) On the server, vi /etc/postfix/master.cf and uncomment the
> "submission" line, then restart postfix.
> 1.1) Make sure 'submission' is defined in /etc/services:
> 	grep '^submission' /etc/services

I would definitely caution making changes to master.cf.  It certainly
can be done, but make sure you test it very well!  I made some changes
to mine back in January to support DKIM, and I lost mail for about a
month before I realized what was happening.

Ben

--
Ben Love
http://www.kylimar.com/